BASICS International offers internship programs for high school, college and post graduates students. Join our team of passionate professionals that provide comprehensive, integrated, sustainable and quality educational support and social-development services, with the overall aim of ending illiteracy, child labour and poverty.
BASICS International Internship Ghana BIIG
BASICS International Internship Ghana is a 6-12 months program for Polytechnic and University Graduates in Ghana. This internship is available only to Ghanaian Residents
BASICS Global Ambassador BGA
BASICS Global Ambassador is an internship program for students outside of Ghana. Term requirement varies.
BASICS Internship Ghana | BIG
BIG is a wonderful opportunity to learn about social issues affecting under-served communities. Interns develop skills in the exciting, dynamic and rapidly growing field of social intervention, social services and community development. Our mission is to harness the skills of interns and equip them with the skills needed to further pursue careers.
BIG develops capable leaders, educators, social workers and change agents. The hands on experience will immerse you in an organisation with international standards, facilitators, and professionals relating to social services. You will work alongside international Interns and Fellows and engage in workshops and Capacity Building exercises, which will strengthen your organizational, administrative and leadership skills.
BIG is available to Ghanaian Polytechnic and University graduates.
- Assist in after-school programs that enhances literacy through various academic and extracurricular activities.
- Assist children with homework
- Implement and facilitate weekly group discussions which enhances development
- Work directly with communities who face social and economic challenges
- Gain experience by working alongside established social changers, workers and teachers who mission is community development.
- Be exposed to new cultures and learn how it affects behaviors
- Be part of an opportunity to make a significant difference in peoples’ lives;
- Participate in programmes that are on the frontline of the fight against poverty alleviation, illiteracy, child labor and other social problems
- Must be able to complete 6 or 12 months internship .
- Possess a minimum of HND or Degree from accredited Ghanaian Educational Institution.
- Would be helpful if candidate possess any extracurricular activity skills (music, dance, instrument, arts, sport, IT)
- Attention to detail, the ability to multi-task and excellent communication skills are all essential to this internship.
- Internship is not a credit based program. Students wishing to earn credit must seek approval from Faculty /Department Head of University.
- First Class experience and exposure.
- First hand experience of working with a social intervention program.
- Work alongside international Fellows, Interns and Volunteers
- Training and Workshops conducted by international professionals, professors, and motivators.
- Allowances ( transport and other incidentals)
- Lunch served daily
- Bank Accounts are opened for all interns
- Cash Bonus at the end of program
- Certificates will be given at the end of program.
- Submit Application online at https://goo.gl/forms/3PpURprQDnUDmWKC2
- Please be sure to submit video and CV with form ( follow instructions)
- Please do not call office or mail any applications. All applications must be process through link above.
IF YOU ARE OUTSIDE OF GHANA Please go to our Global Ambassador Page, as requirements, program, benefits vary and differ.
BASICS Global Ambassador | BGA
BASICS Global Ambassador is an internship program for individuals outside of Ghana. This program is a highly flexible and personalized program, allowing contributors from around the world to use their skills to help at BASICS.
What is your speciality and how can you use that to contribute to BASICS mission?
Are you looking to help but don’t know how? Contact us and lets get the conversation started. Fill out the intern application, ( no commitment yet),and you will be contacted.
Fill out form here: https://goo.gl/forms/X4RlQpYDfbp3djcB2