Voluntourism a form of tourism in which travellers participate in voluntary work typically for a charity.
We specialize in providing destination management services for educational groups, churches, fraternities, sororities, colleges and universities. We are an organization with our feet on the ground for nearly 20 years, therefore we are able to merge service-based and experiential learning with immersion and sight-seeing unlike any other agency. We are sharing our experiences and contacts unlike any other agency.
Our services include the arrangement of transportation and accommodations and special events. From cultural to educational and ecological- we are able to provide a holistic experience.
difference between voluntourism and volunteering
- Short term
- Voluntourism programs typically are a part of a larger vacation, which may include small excursions or entire days/weeks of leisure. The programs are meant for people who want to do good abroad but do not have the time to commit to a volunteer project and therefore tend to be shorter in duration
- Group oriented ( requires a minimum of 10 people )
- Voluntourism normally attracts families and therefore young children are offered the experience as well as they travel with parents/guardian
- Service project within any of B.A.S.I.C.S International programs
- Guided tour of two local GA fishing communities for an understanding of local living, traditions and community.
- Guided tour of Accra, landmarks and the University of Ghana
- Volunteers with B.A.S.I.C.S will receive a free lunch every Monday – Friday.
- Cultural excursions opportunities include ( but not limited to) :
- Kakum National Park
- Mole National Park
- Cape Coast Castle
- Elmina Castle
- Wli Falls
- Aburi Botantical Garden
- Beach resorts
- Manhyia Palace Museum
- Political, social and cultural overview of Ghana
- Accommodation placement (Hostel, Hotel, Air BNB, or Homestay- according to your budget and request)
- Transportation to and from the airport
Each package is costed based on your experience, group size and duration. As each experience will be different it will be unfair for us to put a price tag on it so fast. However, please know we will ensure you receive quality services and it will fit your needs.
Before you contact us; think about the following things as it will help us create your package:
- When do you want to travel? ( this matters as there are peak and non-peak seasons)
- How long do you want to travel?
- How many people will travel with you?
- How long do you want to volunteer/ tour ?
We will have additional questions, but for now this is okay.
What are you waiting for? Email us now!
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Each package is designed to please your budget, interest and availability. However we have outlined a few common packages booked:
- 1-3 days volunteer work and 3-4 days of excursions
- 4-6 days volunteer work and 1 week of excursions
- 1- 3 weeks of volunteer work, 1-2 weeks of excursion including weekend get aways.
Purchase Your Voluntour Trip Now!
By making a payment now, you’re solidifying your tour dates and making the first step towards an experience of a lifetime. All payments are completely secured via Paypal.